Monday, February 13, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

Hey!

Its valentines!

I know i know, I work so hard to come off as a prude, but hey, this one I think I will celebrate.But not in the ancient Lupercalia way...

Why the change in heart?

No, I'm not in love, not just yet.

I understood something yesternight as I was walking home (in the moonlight): my classes had been O-so tiring, my workplace o-so-new, but as I drew near to the gate of my home, I recalled this phrase by my All-together-Lovely:

"No greater love has no man than this, than a man lay down his life for his friends."

That's better than any bouquet of roses,or a box of chocolates or exclusive company of the opposite sex...

That's why I'm in red: My Saviour and King shed his read blood to cover my sin-induced nakedness with His garment of Salvation and his Robe of Righteousness...
No greater love.

As he raised his cup during Holy Communion, he was proposing to his Bride, to you and me: "I love you more than my life, I lay it down to pick you up. Will you be my Valentine, not just for the 14th of February, but for eternity?"

I know no greater love...

So,as I celebrate, my focus is on He who made red matter- My Jesus.

Happy Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment